Mindfulness Book Author, The LOVEE Method:5 Mindful Steps to Emotional Resilience, Hay House/Balboa Press, May 2018 - present
• Writing and delivering a 35,000-word manuscript. Collaborating with Hay House editing team to ensure timely and accurate revisions. Researching mindfulness techniques and neuroscience research related to mindfulness. Creating an online course to accompany the book. Speaking engagements related to the book.
Branded Content and Wellness Editor, Beachbody.com, Santa Monica, CA June 2016 – May 2018
• Wrote and edited branded and wellness blog content, applying SEO strategies, for the million-dollar online fitness company, Beachbody. Collaborated with brand leaders, SEO experts, social media and marketing teams to publish blogs relevant to our target demographics. Enhanced photos using Photoshop. Published blogs with video assets. Pitched original stories ideas. Taught a weekly meditation class for colleagues.
Health & Wellness Editor, LIVESTRONG.COM, Santa Monica, CA, June 2015 - July 2016
• Lead Health Editor of the LIVESTRONG.COM Condition Centers A-Z. Wrote and edited medical health content applying SEO best practices. Collaborated with physicians and included medical research to back up all claims made in blogs. Pitched story ideas suited for our target readers. Taught a weekly yoga class for colleagues.
Editor/Writer of Publications, USC Health Sciences PR & Marketing, Los Angeles, CA, Nov. 2014 - May 2015
• Editor of two Keck Medicine of USC publications: Keck MD magazine and Dean’s Report. Organized production schedules and copy flow. Originated and developed story ideas, and wrote strong headlines. Assigned stories to freelancer writers and edited copy using AP style. Selected and enhanced images to accompany stories. Wrote and edited articles and marketing materials for both print and online publications.
Director of Enrichment Programs, 310TUTORS Education Center, Santa Monica, CA, Aug. 2011-March 2013
• Developed and implemented marketing and social media strategies. Wrote marketing materials, such as web banners, brochures and flyers. Wrote website content and blogs implementing SEO best practices. Tutored science and essay writing to students ranging in age from middle school to college.
High School Life Science Teacher, The Bay School, San Francisco, CA, Aug. 2008 - Aug. 2010
• Developed and taught courses in Neuroscience, Psychology, Biology, Bioethics and Environmental Science. Explained complex science content in language accessible to high school students. Attended conferences, mentored teachers, gave presentations to faculty. Launched organic garden program. Coached girls’ volleyball. Taught yoga and meditation classes for students and faculty.
Medical Content Marketing Writer, UCSF.edu, UC San Francisco, Public Affairs Office, San Francisco, CA, Aug. 2005 - Aug. 2008
• Researched current medical science topics, conducted interviews with leading UCSF physicians, scientists and researchers, and wrote online articles. Edited copy written by UCSF physicians and researchers for department websites. Created audio podcasts and videos. Wrote feature-length articles for University department newsletters and magazines. Wrote brochures, presentations, and other marketing and promotional copy.
Assistant Design Editor, California Home + Design Magazine, San Francisco, CA, Aug. 2004 - Aug. 2005
• Reported and wrote magazine articles. Edited copy from freelancers. Managed freelance writers, editorial calendar, and multiple projects with strict deadlines. Maintained and utilized AP editorial style guide on a daily basis. Contributed original story ideas and marketing strategies at weekly meetings.
• Master of Science, Journalism: Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, New York, NY, May 2004. Magazine writing concentration. Additional courses: arts/entertainment, photojournalism, documentary film.
• Master of Education, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, July 1999. K-12 CLAD teaching credential, faculty award, APLE scholarship, South Coast Writing Project, Dean’s Honors.
• Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, University of California Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, June 1996, and study abroad program at Lund University, Lund, Sweden, Fall 1995. Dean’s Honors.
EDUCATION - other
• Training in Mindfulness Facilitation, UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center, LA, CA, Jan. 2019 – Dec. 2019
• Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) Teacher Training, UCSD Center for MSC, San Diego, CA, Jan. 2019
• 400-hour Meditation Teacher Training, The Den Meditation, Los Angeles, CA, Jan. – April 2018
• 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Center, India, Nov. 2007
• 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training, Laughing Lotus, San Francisco, CA, Sept. - Nov. 2009
• 300-Hour Yoga Teacher Training, YogaWorks, Los Angeles, CA, Jan. – July 2013